Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Too Many Incomplete Projects

Finished the long poem I was writing yesterday. A re-telling of a folktale I read in A.K. Ramanujan's collection. This is the first time I have tried to write explicitly about love, sexuality, political sub-culture, rebellion juxtaposed within an overarching theme of queer love. Not sure how it has turned out to be, but I can live with it for now. I have been feeling restless for the last few days. It's not that I am not working, but it's more like I am not finding the motivation to stick to a project and get it done. Part of it is the fact that I have way too many works-in-progress and while I know I need to finish them one by one to fruition to feel that excitement about something again, I also don't want to rush through them and then repent afterwards about the output. But, this grind is sometimes too much. The work maddening, and this coming back to the work-table everyday needs such huge amounts of discipline!

Yawn! On the other hand, as a friend of mine reminded me couple of days ago, no one can bite an elephant all at once. You have to take it apart bit by bit. So, I guess that means, I should put another pot of coffee on the stove and go back to revising chap 2 of THE DISSERTATION.

1 comment: