Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Poetry Submissions

I haven't been in an aggressive submitting mode for a long time. Why? Because as much as I love reading and writing, I hate submitting. Along with all other aspects of po-biz. But but but...

I submitted five poems to five places today. I feel good about the poems, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have decided to submit to a few "better" places. Which means, mid-level to "big" places. By doing this, I am opening myself up to more potential rejections. But I think, it's time to take that leap. I think, I would have done this earlier. But the thing is, most of the "bigger" journals, need paper copies and a cover-letter to go along with it. The print-outs, the envelopes, the postage--I mean, these things cost money. Not to speak of the extra time. Which, as it shouldn't be a big news to anyone in my position, are both scarce in my life. But, I did it today. And feel good about it. Also, it was nice when the counter-clerk at the University post-office said, "good luck with those." These are the times I feel grateful for being in an University, in an university town.

No comments:

Post a Comment