Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pepperoni Fried Rice

I desperately needed to clean the refrigerator. Hence, this one.

Ingredients:

Pepperoni

Onions (I used pearl onions, around 8. But others would do too.)

Tomato (1, finely chopped)

Garlic (four cloves, finely chopped)

Green chili (1, slit in the middle)

Coriander Powder

Paprika

Red Chili Powder

Turmeric

Basmati Rice

Salt

Frozen mixed veggies (anything else will do too)


Preparation:

Heat butter in a skillet.


Temper it with cumin seeds, turmeric,salt, coriander powder, red chili powder, paprika.


Let the spices sizzle.


Pour in minced garlic, tomato, green chili, onion pieces.


Let everything mix together into a mush.


Throw in the pepperonis.


Then the de-frosted veggies.


Let everything mix thoroughly.


Throw in the rice. Let it mix with everything, fry them together a little bit. (I did it for around 7 mins.)


Pour some water. Cover the skillet.


As always, I don't really keep a record of the portions. I do whatever my eyes suggest. But the result wasn't bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment