Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

!Summer!

This week has been one of firsts-- the first visit to IKEA, the first installation of a table in my room, the two shelves, and a house-plant. Along with it comes the fear that am I growing up (read, am I becoming domesticated)? I keep telling myself, it's not me, it's the bugs. Yes, for the last six months, I have lived in a bug-infested apartment. So, the table, the shelves, and the visit to IKEA were more about creating the conditions for bug-removal, rather than about any desire to become anything else other than my scattered self. But, I must admit, I am enjoying the table so far. I am enjoying the fact that I can work in my room, and I haven't really visited a cafe ever since the tables have been installed.

(Writing Updates)

The individual poems in my manuscript needs to get stronger. So, that's what I am doing now. That will also mean more research, more reading, more digging ...more...more...more.

I was thinking how my writing has changed in recently--earlier, I was more concerned with protest. Now I am more concerned with construction. Manuscript 2 is a combination of the two.

::Things I Have Cooked So Far::

--Tomato Shrimp Chowder Soup

-- Bengali Murgir Jhol

Will try to put up the recipes soon


::Readings::

1. The Hour of the Goddess--Chitrita Banerjee

2. Pitamahi-- Shanta Sen

No comments:

Post a Comment