Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dal With Cream and Salsa

In the last nine years, I have discovered that being a grad student means learning skills that you wouldn't necessarily think of possessing in normal circumstances. You might not even know that they exist. One such skill is throwing random shit together. Like today, I had some salsa, some whipping cream, half of an onion and some dal sitting in my refrigerator. And what do I do? I threw them together. And the result is, NOT TOO BAD! So, here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
Dal ( I used mushur, or red lentils. Anything else will do too.)
Onion (sliced in rough pieces)
Spices (I used cumin seeds, coriander powder, red chili powder, paprika, turmeric)
Butter
Red Salsa (Store Bought Variety)
Whipping Cream

Preparation:
Boil the lentil seeds and the sliced onions together.

Heat butter in a skillet. Temper it with the spices. Let it sizzle for a while.

Pour the whipping cream. Let the spices mix well with the cream.

Now pour the salsa. Again, let them mix well.

Then, the boiled dal. Let it simmer for a while.

Slurp it with rice or rotis.

No comments:

Post a Comment