Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Realization!

I am envious of poets who can pull of nature-imageries in skillful ways. I cannot. This is probably because I have grown up as a city-girl. I can write about how the sporadic outbursts of nature cause the city landscape to change, but I cannot, to save my life, write about nature in any consistent ways. A few years ago, I would also be unable to write food-imageries. But luckily, the experience of living alone, as a cash-strapped graduate student has changed that. I have grown a lot more sensitive about the food production process, the smell, touch and colors of different kinds of edibles and condiments than what I was during my teens and early twenties. This reveals to me how our writing and other artistic productions are often bound, in unconscious and sub-conscious ways to the kinds of lives we lead, the essential reservoir of experiences from which we draw our inspirations and sustenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment